Educator Outreach Intern
Quill is a free literacy tool that teaches writing, grammar, and vocabulary skills to students. We are a nonprofit, open source organization that was founded by Bates alumni, and there are currently over 100,000 students using Quill. With your help we can teach millions of students. Learn more about our mission here: http://www.quill.org/mission. We’ve had over 100 people contribute to the site, from developers writing code to educators creating activities. You can see our entire community at https://community.quill.org
Our education outreach intern will reach out to schools using Quill to find out what we are doing right, and what we can do better. They will also manage our social media accounts, engage with the press, and represent Quill at various education and technology conferences. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in communications, PR, education or market research.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Creating teacher surveys and running feedback sessions
- Reaching out to educators through social media
- Press outreach
- Attending conferences and education technology events
We are located in the Financial District of NYC, and this will be a commitment of 10-40 hours per week over 8-12 weeks. This position is unpaid.
Why Should You Join Us?
- Solve Important Problems – Our vision is to educate the next generation of writers. Your work has the chance to positively impact millions of students.
- Big Responsibilities – You will be leading projects and helping us make decisions. We’re looking for people who like to take initiative.
- Small Team – You will be working with a small team of 4 co-founders, two of whom graduated from Bates in 2011.
What Makes You a Good Fit?
- Enjoy Talking to People – We’ll need you to approach people, follow up with them, and engage with strangers at conferences and events.
- Take Initiative – We are a small startup, and we won’t be micromanaging you. You will have lots of independence, so it is important that you are self-motivated.
- Interest in Nonprofits and Education – We are a nonprofit education company. We want you to be happy and excited to be working with us.
To apply please send a brief letter of introduction to Peter Gault at peter (at) quill.org.